Thursday, March 17, 2016

Kayaking

Just got back from a kayaking adventure today. Words can not describe how amazing it is for me to be able to get out and enjoy life again. There were many times over the last six years that I didn't think I'd ever be healthy enough to go out kayaking, hiking, camping, or on long drives... but I'm doing all these things now. Every day I feel like celebrating!
 
It was 90 some degrees but breezy and cool, especially in the murkier shade. We chose
tandem kayaks so as to be more sociable. 
 The murky green reflections in the water rippled in such a gorgeous way,
ever changing with the dip of each paddle.   
Now here lies a handsome fellow sunning himself . I named him Jasper. He has many gator
friends, such as Bernadette and Claudette. I would have captured their likenesses as well,
but I was busy trying not to crash into a fallen log midstream.
 Some of our friends drifted up ahead of us... while we were stuck high and dry on
said log that I almost but didn't quite maneuver around at the last minute.
Adorable, knobbly knees growing up out of the swampy water...

Now here's one of many hollow logs along the river with quite an inviting open door...
I quite imagine little elves, fairies or tiny water people living in here.  
 
 
Rowing into the sunlight, enjoying the breeze... being one with nature... this is the life!  
By mid afternoon we rowed under a canopy of trees and rounded a bend where we docked for the day. What a beautiful experience this was!

I still pinch myself each day with joy when I remember how far I've come in healing. Today's adventure wasn't just kayaking. I went out for breakfast this morning at a diner with my friends, where I had scrambled eggs and blueberry pancakes... I didn't have to order "special" food that was gluten free or dairy free like I strictly had to in the past. I still eat very healthy, but also do fine eating out occasionally.

After kayaking, we rested some, then went out with friends to one of our favorite Japanese restaurants. We wrapped up the day by stopping at the grocery store for the week. And by the time evening's dusk had wrapped it's soft, dark cloak around us, we were home and relaxing, watching one of our favorite TV shows. While little Spark drapes himself on or the other of us, cuddling up and sleeping with his face mooshed on my hand like he's accustomed to do.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dear Aj,

    I first found you on curezone and immediately felt a connection because you are the only person i've found whose experiences (with AF) I could really relate to. I really hope I'm not intruding by posting this and i comlpetely understand if you don't want to respond.
    I hope I'm making some kind of sense, its difficult to write this and articulate my thoughts while in advanced stage adrenal exhaustion haha. :(
    I've been on curezone on and off since this started and found all your posts and was reading them thinking, this lady has the same thing as me so if she got better maybe i can too. I saw that you stopped posting two years ago and I was wondering and really hoping you had gotten well. Then I found this blog and your last post and was overjoyed! You did get better! It made me really happy(or as happy as i'm allowed to feel at this point) and i almost cried reading your account of a 'normal' wonderful day. I don't let myself think about what I'm missing out on most of the time and its hard to process anything when my body is so shut down. Well I just wanted to kind of reach out and maybe connect with you a bit a let you know you are an inspiration.
    I am at the point of considering hormone replacement but I'm worried it's not going to work out.
    I know you were on cortef for awhile I was wondering how that worked out and how you healed? It seemed to me you weren't feeling very good at the time of your last curezone post but now you're well!

    Blessings,

    Luthien

    P.S
    You look so beautiful and healthy and happy and TAN in your recent photos!

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog semi-randomly today and after going through the journey a bit, was happy to see it end on a good note. Hope your healing is still continuing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!