Friday, November 20, 2015

The spirit is timeless...


 
Sparky says, "The things I put up with for you, Ma!"

I started this blog four years ago when I was 36... and I've now reached a milestone... four whole decades! The funny thing is, ever since my awakening, I've felt increasingly light and youthful in my spirit. As each day goes by, I feel younger inside, more buoyant. I see through physical things as if they are ethereal. I never knew things would turn out like they did so far in my life.

It's pretty cool that right at this turning point between 39 and 40, the age that is usually not eagerly celebrated, I'm pretty much jumping for joy. After 6 years of being very ill, too sick and agoraphobic to leave the house, my physical health has dramatically improved more than it ever has, and emotionally I feel more healed and grounded. This transformation has been slow... it started last year and has accelerated the most since this past spring and summer. I feel like throwing the biggest party ever to celebrate my greatly improved health, my independence, and the doors that are now wide open for me. Yay!
In lieu of birthday cake, this year I made a gluten free brownie with salted cashews... yum!



Sparky says, "Let's skip the hats and get to the brownie, Ma!"

 
M is a dear, and placidly accepts her birthday hat. She is so trusting and gentle.



Two goofballs... the small one I'm holding is one of the
 best thing that ever 'happened' to me. <3


2 comments:

  1. Ahh honey! I am so happy that you're in a much better place in your life. You deserve good things happening.. Happy belated birthday. My 40s were some of the best years of my life and I hope for you they are unbelievably awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much! It does feel amazing to be starting afresh here in a new place. Much love to you, Calulu! <3

      Delete

Comments welcome!