Saturday, July 13, 2013

Being present

Silhouette of a grapevine that is wandering up the side of our kitchen window.


In the present moment, there is no suffering.
 
 
So as I stay in the present moment, I will always be safe.
 
 
The moment I think I am not present, is the moment I am. 


I am not this illness. I step outside myself and watch as an observer. I see that I am separate from this illness. It is not my identity.
 
 
A pained body thrives on pain. It can not thrive on joy. It finds joy quite inedible. So in this way, I can starve pain with joy. Eventually it will have no place to thrive in me and it will dissipate.


I am health, life, energy, upward momentum, spontaneous regeneration. This is my true identity and I accept it.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!